James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

2 minutes ago, midds said:

The fact Fofana has 5 years left and Maddison only has 2 will come into play. Leicester know they only have 2.5 windows left to flog Maddison before his value is 0, they can be much bolder when handling the Fofana situation as there is no rush at all, they can dig their heels in and demand whatever they like for Fofana but the clock is very much ticking for Maddison. I'll stick my neck on the line and say he'll be in the squad for Saturday

I think we will get him but it might take a couple of weeks.

I just hope we don't back out over less than 10m.

Just now, Numbers said:

I'd love to see Maddison here but surely buying a striker is more important?

One strengthens the 1st team massively  the other  one doesnt. We will get both. 

Edited by Ikon

9 minutes ago, snakzz said:

Whats the status on Tielmans and Arsenal? Another place to generate money for them. 

They brought two players in to play CM, so possible still but less so. 

Before the Fofana noise and after Percy broke the bid for Maddison it was reported Tielmans would still leave if the right offer came in regardless of Maddison staying or going.

14 minutes ago, KaKa said:

No problem I get it. Aouar and Brandt are just two players I like a lot personally, and they both happen to be available at great value this summer. Nothing against Maddison who is a baller too. But it seems we are prioritising Prem experience to add goals and assists to the team, which is fair enough.

If Leicester do add Aouar as a replacement, I'll be very nervous about how well he does for them in comparison, because I think his potential is huge, and he's still a couple of years younger than Maddison.

:bluf: The new Weghorst.

5 minutes ago, Rich said:

:bluf: The new Weghorst.

;D

Nah, man. Aouar is quality. We're going to end up with a top player anyway though, so it's all good.

The only thing making me slightly nervous about the Maddison fee is if the talk of a budget previously was accurate, there may be a chance we have decided to spend the rest of it all on Maddison due to his availability, and hold off on the striker and winger positions for now.

Right winger we can perhaps hold off on, but man I really think we need another striker. Wood has to be more of a third choice this season.

Edited by KaKa

Would be great if we could get this one done. The type of signing I was hoping we'd go for, those you could/would expect a Spurs, Man Utd, or Arsenal to be going for, and making others take notice, rather than a player who anyone of Palace, Southampton, Brighton could have easily signed.

Bruno, Joelinton and Maddison would be quite formidable.

3 minutes ago, 54 said:

Worst thing about that whole saga is if Ashley just gave paid the going rate at the time for Carr’s first choice picks, we’d have made huge profits on the players he recommended.

Ashley prevented us from being successful at his own transfer policy.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

3 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Worst thing about that whole saga is if Ashley just gave him the funds, we’d have made huge profits on the players he recommended.

Ashley prevented us from being successful at his own transfer policy.

Yeap, it was utterly infuriating, it also annoyed me just how much flack Carr got too, like it was his fault we went for his 10th choice target.

Also Ashley would have been pairing players like Maddison with managers like Pardew, Bruce and McClaren :lol: 

Edited by 54