Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 hour ago, STM said:

I'd be shocked if Eze from Palace wasn't on our list. Ticks every box. He must be fucking sick seeing woy rock up again.

I think Eddie would work wonders with him. 

Watch a lot of Palace and nope to both him and Olise.

Unless we can get them for under £20m.

It's Zaha & Anderson for me.

Palace won't go down mind.

6 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Watch a lot of Palace and nope to both him and Olise.

Unless we can get them for under £20m.

It's Zaha & Anderson for me.

Palace won't go down mind.

Palace don't need to go down. Anderson is a good shout.

1 hour ago, STM said:

Palace don't need to go down. Anderson is a good shout.

He’s a fantastic player - shades of Wor Fab Schar about him - plus he’s an absolute shithouse - ticks all the boxes 

Yeah, can’t really get my head round Dummett. His injury record is pretty much the worst in our squad. We have Burn, Targett, Lewis (who I’m sure we’ll try to shift) but the sounds are that we’re going to be in for a more technically gifted and attacking left back so I’m not sure what Dummett being here does for us. Anyway, it’s no major deal either way and Howe can obviously be trusted to make whatever decisions he wants to 

Aye, yet another year of Dummett seems a bit mad, like. :lol: I could understand the one-yearer just gone because why not? We weren't signing another LB beyond Targett, he can cover CB, and he's probably a good dressing room character. But he's hardly so much as seen the pitch this season. He doesn't even have 20 appearances in the last three seasons! Why retain him?

He won’t be keeping him to play him. It’ll just be because he’s a geordie, knows what the club means and as an older head to help the younger players.

Think Howe is known for this approach isn’t he? 

3 hours ago, Sergio said:

Can we not just sign Rasmus Højlund and have Isak play behind him in a free role!? Terrify defences for years to come. 

Yes please, but we'd need a Norwegian as well then so all scandos are represented.

7 hours ago, LV said:

He won’t be keeping him to play him. It’ll just be because he’s a geordie, knows what the club means and as an older head to help the younger players.

Think Howe is known for this approach isn’t he? 

Exactly this. Won't moan if he doesn't play much and is versatile as a LB and an emergency CB. This is obviously assuming he is fit. If we get to Europe, he will be playing more games and buys us another season to build up the squad in other key wages and he won't be on much I would imagine.

As much as I admire Ritchie for everything he has done for us, he shouldn't be anywhere near the squad. He's only getting games due to Fraser being banished to the Under 21's. 

Edited by CPL

7 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

You’ve got a hard on for Fab, like. He’s brilliant in the air. Attacks the ball as well as anyone we have in the squad.

On The Other 14. He regularly scores highly in aerial duels, dribbled past, progressive yards carried…. Well, just most defensive stats on there, he shows up well. 

Andersen has decent numbers on there. Albeit playing in a negative and defensive team. He’d be a quality addition. 

3 minutes ago, KingArthur said:

I am pretty sure Dummett is needed for HG-rule? How many players we have that are not club trained? Lewis has sell on value, and neither of them will play much + Dummett's wages are most likely a lot less.

You need 8 players that are HG, but HG relates to any FA qualified team, not just your own youth system.

So we probably don’t need Dummett for that at present. It is something we need to think about going forward though as the majority of our HG players are either not really good enough or in the latter stages of their career. Probably partly why the likes of McTominay are of interest to us.

4 minutes ago, KingArthur said:

I am pretty sure Dummett is needed for HG-rule? How many players we have that are not club trained? Lewis has sell on value, and neither of them will play much + Dummett's wages are most likely a lot less.

I think you need 8 in a 25 man squad.

You have Lascelles, Trippier, Gordon, Wilson, Ritchie, Lewis, Targett, Pope, Murphy, Longstaff x2, Ashby, Anderson and Burn who are either homegrown or don't count towards the criteria due to age. 

In Europe you also need four club grown players of those 8. If you don't have them you just have to name a smaller squad.

At the moment we've only got Longstaff and Dummett so if Dummett went we'd have to have 3 empty spots in European squad (22/25).

Edited by ponsaelius