Newcastle United vs. Aston Villa - 29/10/22 @ 3:00pm (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

Surprised by the comments in here, they've been shambolic all season (mainly courtesy of Gerrard) and they sack their manager. They get a good result at home against an average side and next they come to one of the toughest away fixtures in the league, us. I don't know why people aren't more optimistic. Our press will absolutely destroy Tyrone Mings

23 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Think 1-1 here. Missed opportunity in terms of keeping pace at the top but just keeps us ticking over.

Where are you getting a draw from?

We’ve just beaten Spurs away. We drew with Man U at their place. We have the best defensive record in the league.

We’re at home in front of our own fans.

It’s only Villa. I don’t understand the pessimism. 

Can´t see them getting out of their half too often.

Be nice to put 5 past this lot and cement our place at the top end of the table.

Maxi back in for 30 mins to score a wondergoal and Miggy to get a brace. Botman header and Schar blunderbuss from 50m yards. I reckon i will get one of these right:indi:

56 minutes ago, LV said:

Where are you getting a draw from?

We’ve just beaten Spurs away. We drew with Man U at their place. We have the best defensive record in the league.

We’re at home in front of our own fans.

It’s only Villa. I don’t understand the pessimism. 

I basically agree with you, but overall I think we struggle most with teams who aren't trying to beat us, so I can see the logic in not being too confident. It's definitely a game we should be winning, though.

Villa haven't won at SJP since the Bowyer Dyer fight 17 years ago like. It takes some doing to have not beaten us at some point at home under Ashley.

I still think we'll beat them but it'll be tight and a draw is possible. If Gerrard was manager we would have absolutely battered them though and I was looking forward to that.  

If they don't get a manger in beforehand it'll be an easy win imo. If anything that last game against Brentford will give them a false sense of confidence.

Edit: Just seen they got Emery in as manager, will make it harder but we should still be beating them.

Edited by Beth

3 hours ago, gbandit said:

Surprised by the comments in here, they've been shambolic all season (mainly courtesy of Gerrard) and they sack their manager. They get a good result at home against an average side and next they come to one of the toughest away fixtures in the league, us. I don't know why people aren't more optimistic. Our press will absolutely destroy Tyrone Mings

This 💪🏻🥊 win for us. Next! Onwards and upwards :indi:

2 hours ago, 80 said:

I basically agree with you, but overall I think we struggle most with teams who aren't trying to beat us, so I can see the logic in not being too confident. It's definitely a game we should be winning, though.

We will win relatively comfortably.

Brentford at Newcastle

image.png.346755f787ad50e25c91090c80b95fc1.png

Brentford at Villa

image.png.d8190f204703103776ce583464cb49d3.png

Assuming Brentford's big chance against us was the lucky pen they were awarded which will have upped the xG by 0.8 if I'm not mistaken. Given how poor Brentford were against us at SJP I don't think Villa's win against them should be anything that concerns us, personally.

Villa are a bit of an unknown quantity at the moment, but if they play like they did against Brentford, they'll play straight into our hands.

They're dangerous in attack, but teams that commit players forward and engage us high up the pitch are susceptible to our counter pressing, arguably our most potent weapon.

They'd be far better off playing a low defensive line to frustrate and trying to counter with Watkins and Bailey down the flanks.

I'm fairly confident we win this one, 3-1.