Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

11 hours ago, Armchair Pundit said:

So I assume they're going to lie through their teeth and claim they're not state owned by the same people who own PSG then? Or are they confident of FIFA/UEFA changing their rules?

To be fair they wouldn’t be. He’s the chairman of a large bank on the stock exchange in Qatar, with a 17% Qatar Investment Authority shareholding. Clearly there’s a state connection there, but the it’s far less direct than being state-owned like us. Based on what we know about the bloke, I don’t see why this wouldn’t be allowed. 

I reckon we'll sell Martinez in the summer.

There's definitely something up with him and Emery. Emery clearly doesn't think he's good enough with his feet for the way he wants to play out from the keeper (dropped hints before), was fucked off with him for going up at the end yesterday (I understand his reasoning, but think it's a bit meh as a subject to fall out on), and has hinted heavily he's going too far with the shit-housing.

We're going to do a mass of business this summer, so many of them clearly not with enough technique to play the way he wants us to. Even Mings with his new contract, I wouldn't be surprised if he moved him on and it turned out to be a protect-his-value thing.

I fucking love Emery though, he's so intense and 100% with everything, and we show signs of being a very good side in the making. This season will be a rollercoaster of making do with what he has, but - and I think this explains why we spent almost nothing in January - I think he'll be onto a total squad reshape in the summer.

7 minutes ago, brummie said:

There's definitely something up with him and Emery. Emery clearly doesn't think he's good enough with his feet for the way he wants to play out from the keeper (dropped hints before), was fucked off with him for going up at the end yesterday (I understand his reasoning, but think it's a bit meh as a subject to fall out on), and has hinted heavily he's going too far with the shit-housing.

We're going to do a mass of business this summer, so many of them clearly not with enough technique to play the way he wants us to. Even Mings with his new contract, I wouldn't be surprised if he moved him on and it turned out to be a protect-his-value thing.

I fucking love Emery though, he's so intense and 100% with everything, and we show signs of being a very good side in the making. This season will be a rollercoaster of making do with what he has, but - and I think this explains why we spent almost nothing in January - I think he'll be onto a total squad reshape in the summer.

:thup: Hopefully you'll push on a bit, likewise us under Howe, Brighton under De Zerbi and who knows - Brentford, Fulham, Wolves if Lopetegui sustains the initial promise; and the top six shake-up continues. 

15 hours ago, toon25 said:

There's clearly something up with Martinez tbf :lol:

Good player though he is.

season 5 richard GIF

Feel like he's trying a bit too hard to live up to his reputation as a time wasting shithouse. 

15 hours ago, brummie said:

Always thought it was weird how Arsenal fans were so bitter towards Martinez. But judging by his antics at the World Cup and also with yourselves. I’m guessing he said some daft shit or provoked them in some way?

I read 2-3 weeks ago Martinez was talking himself up in the foreign press. Saying he should be playing in and winning the Champions League. So might be that he has his eye on a move and Emery would be happy to get shot of him, anyway. 

6 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

Always thought it was weird how Arsenal fans were so bitter towards Martinez. But judging by his antics at the World Cup and also with yourselves. I’m guessing he said some daft shit or provoked them in some way?

I read 2-3 weeks ago Martinez was talking himself up in the foreign press. Saying he should be playing in and winning the Champions League. So might be that he has his eye on a move and Emery would be happy to get shot of him, anyway. 

Martinez is a dickhead and he’s obviously not an elite goalkeeper overall. 

When he was sold to Villa and replaced my Ramsdale I thought it was a shocking move. But over time Martinez has gone down in my estimation in terms of ability and Ramsdale up.  They also have very different strengths and weaknesses but I have them levelish overall.

But if Arsenal have a no dickheads policy it makes perfect. Ramsdale seems a top lad to have around. 

Martinez has just won and played a massive part in winning the World Cup like :lol: Same with the Copa America. I doubt he's too arsed.

Ramsdale is 100% a dickhead in the same shithouse way Martinez is as well. I don't think Martinez is incredible or anything, but I'm yet to see what the fuss is about with Ramsdale - the hype around that free kick save was weird I thought.

Edited by Kid Icarus