Other clubs' transfers

Greg

On 25/07/2023 at 19:39, Deuce said:

I’d still put my money on MLS being the biggest long-term competitor to the European leagues. 

I follow MLS a bit for betting purposes and my biggest hurdle is there's just far too many teams. It's really hard to keep up.

2 hours ago, Wullie said:

I follow MLS a bit for betting purposes and my biggest hurdle is there's just far too many teams. It's really hard to keep up.

There is also far too much competition from other sports 

Edited by duo

Ahh man Verratti is probably my favourite midfield player around to watch. His dribbling and composure is on another level. Injuries and chasing the coin will probably stop him being rated as highly as his talent warrants. 

39 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

Another Albatross contract for a declining player off the books. This has been such a get out jail free card for the clubs most responsible for the insane transfer inflation we’ve seen. Will they learn their lesson? Will they fuck.

7 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Another Albatross contract for a declining player off the books. This has been such a get out jail free card for the clubs most responsible for the insane transfer inflation we’ve seen. Will they learn their lesson? Will they fuck.

Good point like, they’ve fucked football beyond repair and the one saving grace was that it was damaging themselves too. Now that’s fucked with this development

It is somewhat fair enough and not dissimilar to a standard job, aside from the completely morally and environmentally grotesque profiteering of the planet, minorities and destruction of the entire moral fibre of humanity itself. Gotta get that coin tho.

Carpethead putting together an impressive run of shit results already I see. 

He’ll start taking it out on random players and spouting meaningless managerial cliches soon. 

it will develop a tight spirit at Al-Etihad or whatever they’re called though. 

Players and fans all united in hating him. 

Have sky or bt picked up the viewing rights for the Saudi league yet?

And I'm even more convinced they are trying to replicate the Golf split and force some kind of issue with uefa and fifa.

Obviously it's harder with football as it's both clubs and players who need to say yes.

But if this continues for another three windows,  I expect them to push for SA club champions league places or even support the super League idea and add their teams to the mix.

1 minute ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

Have sky or bt picked up the viewing rights for the Saudi league yet?

And I'm even more convinced they are trying to replicate the Golf split and force some kind of issue with uefa and fifa.

Obviously it's harder with football as it's both clubs and players who need to say yes.

But if this continues for another three windows,  I expect them to push for SA club champions league places or even support the super League idea and add their teams to the mix.

I don’t think they have and why would they. It’s only a talking point due to it being pre season. Doesn’t matter how much they spend the league will struggle for relevancy outside of MENA.