Newcastle-Online (website)

Yorkie

Hello! 

Some of you may have been a part of this community long enough to remember Newcastle-Online 'the website' - connected to the forum but viewed separately - which hosted various articles and features about the club. 

With the parasite finally gone and (hopefully) the club on its way to rejuvenation and redemption - some of us thought it might be an idea to bring the website back, for no other reason than to spread the joy. There's talent everywhere across this forum so this is very much about providing the opportunity for a creative outlet to anyone who'd like to get involved. 

If anyone would like to generate topical content (be it articles or anything else you can think of; run social media channels, produce a podcast - whatever you like), we're inviting you to stick your hand up if you're interested. 

There's no pressure here. It would be good if there were a few who fancied producing content on at least a semi-regular basis, but if those people aren't out there, that's fine. If there are some who fancy doing just a one-off contribution, or just occasional things from time-to-time, that's fine too. 

The purpose of this is to present the idea to everyone; to ask if you think it's something worth pursuing, and to open the floor to anyone who'd like to get involved. None of this is going to happen overnight obviously, but (thanks to @HUGZ) we can be ready to go quite soon and have one or two bits of content already, including one cracking feature article from a poster here and an open letter to the club itself. 

So over to you, really. Does anyone fancy this?

1 minute ago, Jinky Jim said:

Not sure about a regular basis but could give an insight into the “joe Harvey” 60’s period and the fairs cup, for those who might want a bit of early history🤔

Would be tremendous. 

1 minute ago, B-more Mag said:

I would happily consume additional quality content. 

Same, not sure i could contribute but getting some of the views and ideas that are expressed on the forum out to a wider audience is something that needs to happen. 

I never knew of this but I think its a great idea. When the likes of the hideous 'Mag' & NUFC Mattters or whatever its called, pretend to represent the typical NUFC fan, we need some balanced views. 

Many posters on here are capable of offering those, I'm all for it. 

I can help in a monetary sense, but my writing is awful. 

I can't read enough about Newcastle right now, particularly from people that care about the club. But actually my interest in football in general has come back too.

So, it might not work, but it's surely worth a shot.

Can help with the website or run social media channels. Would love to write articles some times but couldn’t commit to a consistent thing at the moment, just one offs every now and again maybe. Happy to help with anything really because I’m on here all the time anyway. :lol: 

Love the idea, hope it takes off.

Things are a bit mad for me right now, so all I can do is take part in a podcast - the lazy part which involves no effort :lol:

Let's see if things calm down, going forward. We need a decent voice for suporters.

Vaguely remember rather lengthly match previews. 

Every once in a while somebody posts a rather lengthy and inspired post. Be nice to see those  posts "promoted" to a main page where they might catch the attention of readers who can't bother to read through entire threads.

Edited by gazza ladra