More transfer rumours

midds

6 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Is it looking good? Not really no, Cambridge seems to have nuked a lot of the good stuff.

Is it a total disaster? Not really no, there are still about 20 days left to sign footballers.

I wonder how many of these deals aren’t happening because PIF don’t like the price and how many aren’t happening because the player won’t come.

I heard

1 because PIF didn’t like the price 

2 because the player didn’t want to come 

3 because of covid 

4 because of wages 

5 Gooooollld Rings 

16 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Racking my brain for anyone sitting on a bench who we could blag in on loan. Martial is all I can think of right now. There must be others though. If there wasn’t afcon we could get Origi imo. Minamino? Did pretty well at Saints on loan didn’t he.

I think that says everything tbh, even after racking your brain you came up with someone who doesn't want to be in Newcastle, he wants to go to Spain. Lingard similarly wants to sit on his arse until he can pick his next club in the summer when his contract runs down. 

There's a slim chance we might be able to get one of them near the end of the window if things change, but it really shows how hard it is to get quality in January. 

1 hour ago, ManDoon said:

Racking my brain for anyone sitting on a bench who we could blag in on loan. Martial is all I can think of right now. There must be others though. If there wasn’t afcon we could get Origi imo. Minamino? Did pretty well at Saints on loan didn’t he.

Don’t necessarily need to be someone sitting on a bench. Just need to pay up.

Would someone like Darwin Nunez 100% turn us down? Probably agent/media driven agenda but it seems like they want at least £50m for him. Say we would get him for 60m, it's a ridiculous amount of money, but at least he's likely to be a future superstar. Can never know for sure. 

We will be quoted way above what players are worth I feel, sadly enough. Either we accept it or we don't sign any players at all. Seems difficult to get something in between done. Or we just suck at it. Probably a combo is my guess. 

Edited by Ikon

The deadline isn't Thursday like, would be great to have more in but give them time. It's important they aren't going to get mugged off financially in this window as other clubs are watching.

The summer will be a different kettle of fish once we manage to stay up.

1 central defender, 1 left back, 2 midfielders (one defensive and one creative) and a forward would be enough to get us there. There's loads of time