Chelsea vs. Newcastle United: 13/03/2022 @ 14:00 (Sky)

LRD

42 minutes ago, Pixelphish said:

Looking forward to this one. Feels like a free game almost so zero anxiety about the result.

Aye that’s how I feel too, no nerves at all about it. First time since Bruce was manager, and that was simply because I wanted us to lose most of the time which is shambolic really. 

Thing is though, you just know Eddie won’t see it as a free hit and he will want the win. Gone are the days when NUFC roll over to get our belly tickled, with our manager openly accepting defeat in the media before a ball is kicked. 

Would be quietly confident if we weren’t completed ravaged by injuries. 

Eddie’s Mags. 

Edited by Danh1

We're not getting anything there surely!? Run can't go on forever, too many players out, they're obviously a top team....and yet not a write off.

If we could put a full team out against them it would have been very intriguing.

Edited by Wolfcastle

We have passed every other previous test against better opposition, W Ham, Brighton, and Soton away, so I see no need to fear this one. I seriously can't see us conceding three or more. Chelsea have drawn three of their last four at home, and since we're second top, they must have been against teams lower than us in the form table.

Maybe a draw or we may even sneak it. Can Chelsea defend set pieces? We won't have much possession, so will have to make good use of the few chances we'll get.

If this ends up being a heavy defeat, which I think it could be e.g. 4-1, let's suck it up and move on. Would still have full confidence in us beating Everton.

We'll probably lose, but it's a free hit.

After the recent run, it's nice just to sit back and enjoy a match.

And no, if we lose it's not the "manager of the month curse". There's no such thing as curses, grow up.

4 hours ago, Chris_R said:

We'll probably lose, but it's a free hit.

After the recent run, it's nice just to sit back and enjoy a match.

And no, if we lose it's not the "manager of the month curse". There's no such thing as curses, grow up.

I agree with you, but any team managed by Bruce is cursed.