Sheffield Wednesday 2-1 Newcastle United (07/01/2023)

Yorkie

Well first and foremost well done to Wednesday. They played us well, defended exceptionally and took their chances. On us, this is frustrating but we move on. Some of these players will not be here in time. Murphy, Ritchie, Lewis, Wood are absolutely cack, shouldn’t be allowed to play again

Anderson - Over rated Shite

Lewis - Clueless brings nothing Shite

Wood - Stiff as an old board trying to run and turn on Ice in his flip flops Shite

Ritchie - Runs around alot Angry, Shite

Lascelles - Doesn't read the game wants to be a Super Hero Shite

Murphy - Brain isn't properly connected, doesn't know what to do next, usually just runs into the defender Shite

Disgrace, I hope the only reason many of them got gifted a match was to put them in the shop window, I'd take anything or give some of them away. Toothless cunts some of them, clueless bottlers, some have learned nothing, still playing Bruce logic a few of them.

I'm ranting, I'm fucking fuming.

Just utterly shit, Wood,Murphy,Dubravka,Lascelles, Ritchie,Manquilo, Lewis.

Get these lot the fuck out of here!

Annual third round FA Cup defeat to lower league opposition. Highlighted how many in our squad just aren’t good enough. Would happily never see Lewis, Ritchie, Wood and Murphy wear the shirt ever again. 

Well that was actually horrific. Some genuinely terrible individual performances, particularly Lewis & Wood.

The 2nd string is a mile off the 1st XI and this has exposed that massively - best time for it I suppose going into January, shows the owners the need for further investment despite our league position.

However, this won't be popular but it's a hill I'll die on - none of our players are cunts, none of them deserve abuse. That famous banner said we demand a club and team that tries and we've got that - doesn't mean they're all up to the quality we need going forward.

It's ironic, just before Chris Wood skied that sitter, I was in the middle of typing out that we were going to need to find a touch of genuine class to score a goal, because Sheff weren't giving us anything.

Well done Wednesday, came to play football and took their chances well, we had enough chances to at least draw this game but our fringe players wouldn't get in a lot of championship sides, still a lot of work to be done on transfers before we can have a squad able to take on multiple competitions. We're still in the league cup and 3rd in the league, let's not make this a defining moment in our season and use the extra rest to our benefit.

Stop.  Playing.  Reserves.  In.  The.  FA.  Cup.

Sick and bastard tired of going out to third and fourth tier sides.  No respect shown and we got what we deserved.

I’ll be happy when some of these players are permanently shipped out and I don’t need to worry about them coming off the bench.  Murphy, Lewis, Manquillo, Lascelles etc simply aren’t good enough.  And my patience in watching Wood’s snatching of chances - the lad might as well play blindfolded - has now run completely dry.

One positive was Isak returning.

Onward and upward - this is still an incredible season. I just get really hacked off when the tournament our club is built on is sacked off. 

Edited by TheBrownBottle

I have never got the rest players against lower league opposition, start your best team get the game won and then make changes. But as I say not really bothered about today as the important game is on Tuesday and then in the league as we haven’t got the squad to play on 3 fronts yet

One of those days. Poor result, but not too concerned in isolation. It will feel far worse if we lose on Tuesday as well mind.

We'll be in far stronger positions to attack multiple competitions in the coming years, and many of those involved today will be nowhere to be seen.

Edited by Paullow

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Dubravka: 6

Manquillo: 7.5

Lascelles: 5

Botman: 7

Lewis: 5

Longstaff: 6

Joelinton: 7.5

Anderson: 4.5

Ritchie: 6.5

Isak: 5

Murphy: 3

Bruno: 7

Trippier: 7.5

Wood: 2

Being very kind to wood, Murphy and Lewis there.